Nepacs and its forerunners have worked in the north east of England for over 130 years, supporting a positive future for prisoners and their friends and families.
We provide a number of services including support to those visiting prisons through our Visitors’ Centres and in visits rooms across the region, and can provide additional help to promote contact through our family support programme. We work with families at all seven north east prisons.
This one day training course gives you a clear overview of the offender’s journey, its impact on the family from arrest to release and a range of strategies and resources to help you support them in your work.
- Understand the impact of imprisonment on prisoners’ families
- Improve understanding of the current criminal justice system and the offenders’ journey
- Understand the support needs of prisoners’ families
- Understand the needs and wishes of prisoners’ families
- Understand how to improve the co-ordination of services to provide more effective support for those affected by imprisonment of a family member.
- Understand how to improve own practice in supporting prisoners’ families
- Nepacs have trained over 2,000 professionals in a variety of sectors including prisons, probation, schools, local authorities and community/voluntary workers.
As the sessions are bespoke, so are the prices. If you would like to discuss anything further and get a quote then please call 07903 818365 and speak with one of the training team or email firstname.lastname@example.org.